This page is used to post things that inspire me, it can contain everything! … that is, of course it can’t contain everything.. just.. I like these things!
Videos that inspire me:
A YouTube video of John Cleese talking about Creativity.
[Edit: I originally embedded a YouTube video, but it got removed. You can watch it on Vimeo following the link below.]
John Cleese, on How to Be Creative
The way he’s structured his presentation is so cool.
Scott Hanselman’s “It’s not what you read, it’s what you ignore”.
Blogposts that inspire me:
Some stuff Mark Manson wrote,
- Fuck Yes or No, about people and feelings
- Diversify Your Identity, about not putting all your eggs in one basket
- The Guide to Strong Boundaries, about people and self-esteem
Some stuff “Maddox” wrote,
“Structured Procrastination” / www.structuredprocrastination.com
- http://99u.com/tips/7286/The-Power-of-Structured-Procrastination – Using procrastination to get stuff done.
Movies that inspire me:
- The Social Network (the first 30 minutes are awesome.. the rest is.. kinda hollywoody..)
- The Adjustment Bureau
Quotes that inspire me:
- “Whenever I’m sad, I stop being sad and start being awesome instead” – Barney Stinson
- Whenever you’re not practicing remember that somewhere else, someone else is, and when you meet, they will beat you.
- The difference between being good and being lucky, is the frequency with which we get lucky.